Job title: Production Roaster
Summary: The production roaster works with our ownership and sensory teams to develop and implement roast profiles on our systems. They manage the coffee production schedule and work with our FOH to ensure operations are running smoothly. They are one of the anchors of our operation and make sure the great coffees we buy are brought to their full potential through roasting. They are a self-motivated, detail oriented, passionate coffee and people person always striving to improve systems and performance of their department and the company as a whole. This is a full time position, generally M-F but occasional weekend and evening hours required. Salary depends on experience. Health insurance and PTO included in benefits package.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
– Writing and performing roast schedule based on weekly orders.
– Managing green coffee inventory.
– Profiling existing and new coffees.
– Gathering and tracking roast data.
– Performing daily/weekly/monthly roaster maintenance.
– Cupping production and sample roasts weekly.
– Blend development and improvement.
– Packaging material inventory management.
– Interacting with individual and group visitors to the roasting facility.
– Hosting cupping sessions for staff and visitors.
– Cleaning and other facility organizational tasks.
– At least 3 years specialty coffee experience. Roasting preferred but we will train
the right candidate.
– A strong passion for coffee.
– Ability to work efficiently and intelligently with minimal supervision.
– Great written and verbal communicator.
– An idea generator (let’s make this company better!)
– Ability to adapt schedule to changing production and inventory needs.
– Desire to participate and advance in SCA programs (Roasters Guild, US Coffee
– Ability to lift up to 100 lbs on a regular basis and be on your feet all day.
– Ability to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems with service techs and
– A positive, energetic, happy person who works well both alone and as part of a
*2 Weeks Paid PTO
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to:
Posting date- 2/22/17