Founded in 2002, Novo Coffee is a Denver-based, family-owned and operated roasting company with a commitment to sourcing and roasting some of the world’s most flavorful coffees. These coffees are purchased primarily through long-term relationships with farmers who share in Novo’s pursuit of the highest quality coffees along with strong commitments to social, environmental, and economic sustainability. Roasting is done in small batches and profiled in a way to ensure that the inherent flavors in each coffee are brought to the forefront, as are their differences based on origin, terroir, processing method, variety, and other factors. In addition to being served in some of Denver’s top coffee and culinary establishments, we also own and operate three retail stores within Denver.
As we grow in the ever changing coffee industry, we are looking for an Operations Manager who loves specialty coffee, shares our values, and thrives on forging new relationships that will properly represent and showcase our brand.
Key Job Duties:
- Monitor and maintain inventory of green coffee
- Oversee new coffee roll-outs
- Work with Head Roaster to collaboratively build new coffee recipes
- Taste and evaluate current coffee offerings
- Manage Cold Brew department and oversee cold brew production
- Oversee education program
- Stay abreast of new developments in the specialty coffee world
- Oversee Quality Control of Novo Coffee in the field (wholesale and retail locations).
- Maintain and develop brewing recipes for Novo Coffee
Key Job Requirements:
- Multiple years in specialty coffee
- Ability to present effectively to both small and large groups.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively and positively via phone, text, email, and in person.
- Quick and efficient work habits.
- Strategic thinker who takes ownership of their role and is always looking to improve.
- Strong interest in and commitment to working with some of the world’s best coffees.
- Appreciation of the dynamics of a small and growing company with a great reputation within Colorado and throughout the country.
- Team player who brings a positive attitude and passion to a dynamic work environment.
- Someone who is comfortable both following directions and taking the initiative to drive certain projects to completion.
- Occasional travel and weekend/overnight work required.
- Salary DOE.
- Health Insurance coverage with Dental and Vision options.
- Paid time off.
- Novo Coffee!
Interested candidates please send availability, cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Posting Date: 8-24-2021